COMPETITION: Rebrand Kemptown Carnival
THE COMPETITION DETAILS – What’s the opportunity?
Decadance is thrilled to announce our most exciting competition yet: Rebrand Kemptown Carnival and have your designs used across the event as well as a £250 cash prize.
Calling all local artists! You are invited to re-design the Kemptown Carnival logo to represent a new era of the Carnival whilst remembering the historical roots of the first ever carnival in the UK. You will be required to provide a mood board which includes your designs, colour schemes and your favourite version of the logo you are submitting. Be prepared to discuss your final logo after the closing date if shortlisted.
The winning artwork will become the official artwork of Kemptown Carnival across the event and all marketing for it. And, for good measures, we are throwing in a £250 cash prize on top of that. The competition will run from Monday 1st February 2021 at 8:00am through until 23:59pm on Friday 23rd April 2021. Only entries received up-to and including the closing date/time will be eligible and the winner will be notified on Thursday 29th April. They will be required to go on-air on the Decadance Radio Breakfast Show the following day, Friday 30th April 2021 between 08:00am – 09:00am.
Kemptown Carnival take no responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason.
Entry Terms & Conditions
- This competition is open to residents of Brighton & Hove and more specifically anyone who is a resident of a BN postcode to prove the entry is from a local resident. Entrants should note that evidence of eligibility may be required and use of false information will result in disqualification from the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition, however access to email or the internet will be required to enter.
- All references to drawings in these terms and conditions include any image, file type or format which may be used to submit logos and/or drawings for the purposes of this competition.
- To enter the competition, entrants must design a suitable and recognisable logo incorporating the words Kemptown Carnival following the brief set out in this blog.
- Entries should be submitted either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by posting on the Kemptown Carnival Facebook page www.facebook.com/groups/KTCarnival by adding a comment and uploading your entry to the post created. Logo drawings must be uploaded in accordance with these terms and conditions. Entries must be labelled with the entrant’s name. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
- Entries must be submitted online by midnight on Friday 23rd April to qualify for entry into the competition.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Facebook is not responsible to entrants in respect of any aspect of this competition. By entering this competition, you are providing information to the Promoter for the purpose of administering this competition and not to Facebook.
- Only one entry is allowed per person. If there are any duplicate entries, then only the first submitted version will be accepted.
- Entrants grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable license, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in any drawing, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re- format and sub-license the drawing for such purposes and will sign over these rights and ownership of the winning artwork to Kemptown Carnival if selected as the winning entry.
- The winning entry will be the one which is judged to be the most visually appealing, original and suitable for the marketing and communications of the carnival in 2021 and beyond. Depending on the winning entry, a final copy in certain formats may need to be recreated and may differ from the original artwork.
- We reserve the right to substitute any or all components of the prize for another of equivalent value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
- No entries provided by agencies or third parties will be allowed.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and is not redeemable for other prizes.
- The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this promotion.
- By submitting an entry, entrants confirm that any drawings submitted are not defamatory, unlawful, discriminatory, or malicious, do not infringe third-party rights and are not subject to conflicting agreements in place that restrict their use.
- By submitting an entry, entrants agree that the Promoter may, but is not required to, make any drawings submitted with the winning entry, available on its websites, social media pages and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the competition.
- By submitting an entry, entrants agree that any personal information provided with the entry may be held and used by the Promoter to administer the competition and/or to fulfil, deliver or arrange the prize.
- The Promoter may use the name of the winner who created the submitted work for the purposes of publicity and promotions, including media interviews and in particular, to publish such information in any of the following media: post- event publications, the Promoter’s websites, and their social media sites. The winner will act reasonably and in accordance with such requests as may be communicated by the Promoter to the winner in the event of any publicity which arises in connection with the competition.
- All personal data of entrants who are not winners will be destroyed promptly after this competition has ended and their personal details will not be used for any promotional or marketing purposes relating to this competition.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the entrant agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Kemptown Carnival reserves the right to withhold prizes if, in the opinion of the judges, the quality of entries falls below the standard required.